Spurred on by a discussion with Altimeter Group’s Jeremiah Owyang, I’m starting a list of social strategists on the vendor side.
By social strategist, I mean people who work for social media, advertising, public relations, digital, direct marketing, design, research or other creative agencies, and provide social media leadership, roadmap definition and governance for their firms’ clients; and directly influence their agency’s or clients’ spending on social technology vendors or services.
To get on the list:
- Leave a comment below with a link to your public LinkedIn profile page (and your Twitter handle if you want that including);
- The profile must indicate that social media is part of your full time role at the corporation;
- You must work at an agency with more than 200 employees worldwide (will be verified via LinkedIn company profile);
- Please be patient after leaving your comment whilst I verify it and add you to the list.
Sorry about the 200 employee limit, but I need to keep it manageable to begin with. I may end up lowering the limit, so check back regularly.
List of Social Strategists (Vendor Side)
- Julius Chen – Regional Interaction Strategist at Bates 141 (@juliustruffles)
- Frederique Covington – Managing Parter at Bates 141 (@freddie_covi)
- Ed Lee – Director, Social Media at DDB Canada (@edlee)
- Billy Sanez – Director of Social Media at JWT (@billysanez)
Direct Marketing Agencies
- Angelica Colantuoni – VP, Social Media/Consumer Brands at Edelman (@angelica7641)
- Brendan Hodgson – Senior Vice President, Digital Communications at Hill & Knowlton (@brendanhodgson)
- Natasha Ighodaro – Online PR and Social Media Strategist at Edelman (@tashaighodaro)
- Dean Russell – Director, Digital Practice at Fleishmann-Hillard (@dean_r)
- George F. Snell III – SVP, Digital & Social Media at Weber Shandwick (@hightalk)